Sunday, August 10, 2014

Time Does Fly!

After starting this little blog I got wrapped up in my vacation and then completely forgot about it. Whoops! So what have I been up to? Sadly, not as much as I thought when I started this blog. I have been volunteering at a veteran's medical center every week and am trying to implement some programs with some of the long term care patients. I've been watching my Scrubs and some medical documentaries and shows. I recently finished participating in GISHWHES, which is an amazing scavenger hunt that if you should check out if you've never heard of it.


It's about a month now until I start classes and I am insanely excited. I bought all my little notebooks and pencils and pens. If I somehow manage to have extra money (which is practically impossible with my job), I might even buy myself some clothes or something special.

As far as my health...meh. I've been neglecting it for the past month. My diet is hit or miss on the day to day, but I haven't been exercising nearly as much as I should. I haven't gained any weight since January, but I haven't lost any and my fitness level is back on the decline. That fancy, expensive gym membership I had has been canceled. It was just WAY too much money for my budget. I loved it and learned a lot, but I can't justify $123 a month any more. I'm really hoping with the busy schedule I will have soon I will be able to get my diet back on track. For me, the busier I am, the easier it is for me to eat better. All the time I spend at home after work and on the weekends just leads me to boredom eating. If I have my nose stuck in a book studying I am less likely to mindlessly eat.

This summer wasn't as productive as I was hoping, but I still have a month left before school! Plenty of time to get back into exercising, form healthy eating habits, explore medicine a little more, and get hyped to start my pre-medical journey in September!

No comments:

Post a Comment